Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day two of the new me

Ok day 2 of my new art everyday commitment. I did not want to do any more background because right now I have at least 5 altered books with lots of backgrounds but no finished pages. So I set the goal of focusing more on adding embellishments and focal images to the page this time. I am still working with limited resources since I have not started to organize my art room.


If you remember this background was from Wednesday. I stamped the image from Artistic Outpost on tissue paper and adhered it to the page. I am still brain storming how to complete the page but I am sure it will be soon.


This page was kind of meditative to do. It started months ago as play session with iridescent medium and an ink page. I stamped the flowers in the iridescent medium and then run an ink pad over it to get the resist. It was so long ago I don't even remember the name of the ink pad or the company that makes it. Well last night, I decided I wanted to try out the inksentials white pen from Ranger. I have heard so many people rave about it I wanted to try it out. Also I have been intrigued by the zentangle crazy that it inspired me. I just doodled and drew lines between the flowers, filling up the space. This page is so interesting to me I may just add a simple quote and call it good. Any ideas of a good quote for it?

Here is another page I have had for a long long time that has been unfinished. The background is another one I learned from Claudine Hellmuth but I also have seen it before I believe it is an old painting technique.

Ingredients

  • Book page
  • Acrylic paints at least two contrasting colors
  • Plastic wrap
  • Paint brush
  • Water

Steps

  1. Paint page in a solid color. In this case red. Let dry.
  2. With watered down acrylic paint in a contrasting color paint over the painted page. Before the second coat dry lay plastic wrap over the page and smoosh it around creating wrinkles and such. Let dry without removing the plastic wrap.
  3. When completely draw remove the wrap.

After I did this technique I dry brushed white paint over it to give it some depth. I added the felt embellishment which I got at an after Christmas clearance sale. And there the page sat until Thursday night.

I found the image in an old calendar I had but it was huge and I had to cut it down. The expression on the persons face was so jubilant, the quote came easy. The quote is spelled out in vinyl letter I got at an estate sale.
I love the page and was very happy to have finished a page. I have not finished an altered book page in months.
So I am going to keep on trucking and creating.



No comments: